Sunday, February 28, 2010

Walking the journey

O.k., where do I begin. Have you ever heard the saying, "The hardest thing for someone who just lost a limb or a loved one are the first steps in having to learn to do things all over again,"  the concept of divorce is right along that alley. I filed for divorce in September 2009 and we are still nowhere near completion. So, I am 6 months into my journey and to bring you up to speed, I feel weathered, torn, bruised, and battered. I don't say this to scare anyone but as that saying goes, the first steps on my journey have been an emotional rollercoaster and life-changing experience. I will admit that I have grown a tougher skin in 6 months and have learned to watch out for ANYTHING. This economy is taking it's toll on families as well. I recently learned that in Orange County, FL, we are already up to over 2,950 divorces filed for 2010 and we are not even in March yet. So, I can imagine that the numbers are just as high, if not higher in other parts of the country. Please feel free to comment and share your feeelings as we are all human and we all bleed when you attack us. My mother always told me, "Traveling in groups makes a journey a much safer experience." Thanks Mom!

No comments: